Reaffirmation of Accreditation 2013
Reaffirmation of Accreditation is like the University's biggest final exam.
Accreditation means the university has:
- a mission appropriate to higher education
- the resources, programs, and services to accomplish and sustain that mission
- clearly specified educational objectivesthat are consistent with its mission and that are appropriate to the degrees it offers
- and success in achieving its stated objectives
The University last achieved accreditation in 2003 and is required to reaffirm accreditation every 10 years.
A Quick Guide to the QEP
- Who? Students and faculty developed proposals for the QEP.
- What? The theme of the QEP is "Global Learning: A World of Opportunities for Appalachian Students"
- When? The reaccreditation board (SACSCOC) will be visiting campus in Spring 2013.
- Where? On Appalachian State University's campus!
- Why? To achieve reaffirmation of accreditation so that ASU can remain an accredited university.
- November 6-9: Off-site review of Compliance Certification by SACSCOC peer reviewers
- Spring 2013: Submit Focused Report
- Spring 2013: Submit QEP
- Spring 2013: On-site review of ASU by peer committee
- December 10, 2013: Reaffirmation of Accreditation during SACSCOC Annual Meeting